Reference Materials and Forms - Pen Signing Contract

Claims for damages against the City and claims for refunds from the City must be filed with the City Clerk.

Claims for Damage 

Claims IconPursuant to Charter Section 350 all "claims" for money or damages against the City, or any officer or board of the City, must be filed with the City Clerk within six months for personal injury and one year for property damages after the occurrence from which the damages arose, or after the last item of the account or claim accrued.

If you are having issues with your claim for damages, please call the City Attorney's Office at (213) 978-7050 for assistance.

Claims for Refund

Refund 5000 or lessPursuant to Los Angeles Municipal Code Section 22.12 and 22.13 all claims for "refunds" must be filed with the City Clerk within 12 months after the date of payment.



Refund more than 5000